Physiotherapy at Palmdale Health Centre helps treat people of all ages with physical problems caused by illness, accidents, repetitive straining and aging.Our professionally trained and registered physiotherapists recognize that each patient has unique injuries and requires an individualized treatment plan.
Our professionally trained and registered physiotherapists recognize that each patient has unique injuries and requires an individualized treatment plan. Our physiotherapists have advanced training in manual therapy and continually upgrade their skills to stay current with advances in medical research. They understand the importance of communication among patients’ healthcare providers, and keep each patient’s family doctor up to date with their treatment and progress. We provide patient-centred, evidence-based care and focus on open communication within the healthcare team.
Whether you want to recover from an injury, reduce symptoms, improve a chronic problem, speed up your return to sport, increase your athletic performance, or simply reduce health risks, the physiotherapists at our clinics will be there to treat, motivate, and guide you towards your goals.
Our physiotherapists are experienced in the following treatment techniques, modalities and therapeutic products:
- Manual therapy including joint mobilizations
- Mulligan Concept Mobilizations with Movement
- McKenzie Protocol of Assessment and Treatment
- Soft tissue massage and myofascial release
- Exercise prescription
- Postural correction and education
- Taping techniques for tissue unloading and proprioceptive feedback
- Ergonomic evaluation and correction
- Ultrasound and Laser
- Interferential Current (IFC)
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
- Muscle stimulation
- Education on injury, treatment, prevention
- Prescription of various braces and splints
- Back rests, ice packs, soft neck supports, and many other products