How Chiropractic Work Can Help Tendonitis
HOW CHIROPRACTIC WORK CAN HELP TENDONITIS
Tendonitis or Tendinitis is a common condition where the tissue connecting muscle to bone is inflamed. There are different types, but the common types are.
- Golfer’s elbow: Injury occurs at the inner side of your elbow.
- Tennis elbow: There is irritation of the tissue connecting the forearm muscle to the elbow
- Achilles Tendonitis: An injury to the Achilles tendon, which connects the calf muscle to the heel bone.
Therefore, the common areas prone to injury is around your shoulders, elbows, wrists, knees & heels.
- Repetitive movement of a particular muscle imposes stress on the tendon
- Poor posture
- Sudden, sharp traumatic injury on the muscle
SIGNS and SYMPTOMS
- The repetitive use or sudden injury on a tendon will lead to a subtle or intense pain or tenderness at the injury site, depending on the intensity of harm caused.
- Localized swelling
- Site of injury will be warm to the touch.
- Age: The older you get, the more delicate your tendons and joints become. People above 40 years are more prone to tendonitis.
- Occupation: Most common in athletes or any job that requires repetitive use of a particular tendon.
If tendonitis is left untreated, it can lead to rupture of the tendon and tendinosis, where there is abnormal blood vessel growth and degenerative changes in the tendon.
THE GOOD NEWS
With adequate management, tendonitis heals completely, and that’s when we come in. At Palmdale Health Centre, we provide professional chiropractic work, where our licensed chiropractors will help heal tendonitis by manipulating tendon stiffness and alignment.
There’s no doubt about it –– Chiropractic work has moved swiftly into the limelight. Chiropractic work is the fastest and most effective way to get pain relief from tendonitis. A scientific study conducted in 2009 to review the effectiveness of chiropractic work for tendonitis concurred that chiropractors often provide a series of effective conservative interventions commonly used to treat tendon disorders.
At Palmdale Health Centre, our experts will thoroughly assess your condition and make a treatment plan to meet your specific needs. Initially, our chiropractors will reduce inflammation at the injury site and restore the original nature of your muscles before injury by performing controlled exercises. These exercises are designated to reduce the tension or strain in the inflamed tendon.
If you have been experiencing pain at a particular joint or body part for some time now, and you are looking for a cure, At Palmdale Health Centre, we’re already doing just that – click here to schedule an appointment with our chiropractors.